What is the use of cycling?
To meet people of all ages, making a bike ride, today is not uncommon. This is not only exciting and pleasant, but also brings tangible benefits to the health of both men and women. Consider what positive effects cycling rides can have on the human body and under what diseases bike training is contraindicated.
The positive impact of cycling on the body
- When riding a bicycle, not only the muscles of the legs, but also the arms, the back, the abdominals and the neck become stronger and tougher. And riding a bike does not increase their volume, but gives a “dry” smartness.
- Aerobic exercise has a good effect on the cardiovascular system. Activation of blood circulation due to peripheral muscular efforts facilitates the work of the heart, improves vascular tone and permeability. It also prevents the development of an unpleasant disease – vascular dystonia.
- Bike races are also useful for the respiratory system. Intensive aeration of the lungs contributes to their purification from toxins. The benefits of this process are particularly relevant for quitting smoking, as well as for some diseases of the bronchopulmonary system.
- Prevention of venous insufficiency is achieved due to more rapid movement of blood in the lower extremities. Congestion decreases in the vessels, the valves in the veins normalize.
Varicose veins is a disease that occurs in women 4 times more often than in men. So if you are a woman, you have work that requires you to sit or stand for a long time, and there were similar problems in your family, you should know: cycling is a great way to preserve the health and beauty of your legs.
- Weight reduction is another plus of regular skiing. The increased adrenaline rush in the body when cycling (compared to exercising in the gym) helps burn fat even after the trip. A weight loss has a positive effect on the work of all body systems.
- New impressions and a change of atmosphere “reboot” our nervous system. The development of natural “hormones of joy” – endorphins – charges a good mood and vigor for several days ahead.
- Cycling is good for the visual system. After all, you have to constantly focus your eyes on the set of objects located at different distances. And the stabilization of the emotional background creates conditions for the work of the eye muscles without overstrain, due to stress.
- Riding in the fresh air is beneficial to the immune system, as it strengthens it, increases the body’s resistance when it encounters pathogenic bacteria and viruses. Thanks to regular bike rides, the risk of colds and other diseases is minimized.
Let’s see what are the differences in the impact of cycling on the body of men and women.
The effect of cycling on a strong floor
Studies by urologists (Ilvin Goldstein, Tim Roddy, Scott Richards) prove that cycling has an ambiguous effect on the male body.
- Active rotational movements of the legs increase blood flow to the lower body and develop the muscles of the perineum, which explains the benefits for the prevention of prostate and prostate diseases.
- However, prolonged sitting in a solid saddle of a non-anatomical form leads to squeezing of blood vessels and nerve endings, through which blood and nerve impulses pass to the male genitals. This can cause problems with potency. Avoid undesirable stagnation will turn out, if you occasionally stand over the saddle during the trip.
Modern ergonomic seats redistribute weight so that it mainly falls on the sciatic bone. Then the pressure on the groin area decreases. But such a bicycle saddle should be selected individually, since the width of the pelvis can vary greatly from one man to another.
- Unpleasant consequences and diseases often occur in professional cyclists. Men who ride from time to time, enough to understand the mechanism of their occurrence and listen to your body.
Women’s health and cycling
For women, a bicycle does not represent such a hidden “potential” danger as for men. Moreover – in addition to the universal advantages, cycling will give the body physically active ladies additional benefits.
- Stimulated blood flow in the pelvic organs, so women who are fond of cycling, more easily tolerate pregnancy, and their body recovers faster after childbirth.
- It is assumed that due to the gender characteristics of the body structure of a woman (wide hips, narrow shoulders), cycling is more suitable for women than for men.
- The exception is the critical days, during which it is recommended to skate gently or skip the workout altogether.
Who are bike rides contraindicated?
Riding a bike can be not only beneficial, but also harmful. Some diseases make this event not healthy, but rather risky. Be sure to consult with your doctor before cycling if you have one of the following diseases or disorders:
- diseases and various disorders in the vestibular apparatus .;
- inflammatory and dystrophic processes of joint cartilage tissue;
- diseases and disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- low hemoglobin level (if there is a risk of loss of consciousness);
- diseases associated with impaired blood circulation of the brain;
- other diseases or malfunctions of the musculoskeletal system.
By the way, improperly organized training can lead to various diseases of the joints. For example, the inability to include the right gear when climbing uphill, too long movement over rough terrain, a banal lack of fluid in the body. All this increases the friction of the surface of one bone against another and, in combination with the load, accelerates the wear of cartilage tissue in the body.
Compliance with safety regulations – the basis of proper exercise
Riding a bicycle will turn out to be beneficial for you and will become a preventive measure against many diseases, if you follow a number of simple rules.
- Warm up before exercise. This will help the body to tune in to the upcoming training.
- Drink plenty of fluids (preferably water).
- Wear protective gear.
- Match speed with weather conditions, terrain, and the actions of other road users.
- Do not ride immediately after a meal.
- Follow the pulse and general condition of the body during the bike ride.
- Adjust the position of the seat and steering wheel for yourself so that you feel comfortable and all body systems work without failures.
- Keep your vehicle in good technical condition.
- Choose a route that matches your training goals and fitness level.
- Start from short distances and gradually increase the duration of trips.
- And most importantly: praise yourself for every step in overcoming your own inertia.
Feel the joy of movement, freedom and vivid emotions. Travel to new places, prolong life and improve its quality. Get only benefits from bike trips, becoming healthier and happier!