What is better and more effective for losing weight: fitness or gym?
- How to lose weight: act decisively
- Advantages and disadvantages of fitness
- Strengths and weaknesses of the gym
- On what to choose?
Each of us at least once in my life encountered a problem when I wanted to put my weight in order as quickly as possible, and make my body fit and slim. To date, there are many sports programs and solutions, but their essence boils down to the main question: “What is better for losing weight – fitness or gym?”.
How to lose weight: act decisively
In the modern world it is important to be not just fashionable and beautiful, but, first of all, healthy, fit and slender. This is a sign that a person is watching himself, he is successful, active and knows what he wants from life.
To maintain a figure in excellent condition, some diets can not be avoided. Even with a very tight schedule, it is important to find time at least 2-3 times a week and devote it to physical exertion. At the same time, classes should be skipped only as a last resort, and not when “no mood” or “invited friends to the next party”. Regardless of what was chosen (fitness or gym), only regular classes can give a tangible result. It’s not for nothing that they say that every training is a step forward, and every missed one is two steps back.
Deciding to bring your figure in order, first of all you should determine the tasks and terms of their implementation. After all, in this case, the activities themselves, their essence and intensity will differ.
Faster to destroy hated pounds can be on fitness, where the emphasis is on cardio load. Such exercises not only effectively burn calories, but also develop endurance. Energetic music and not too complex exercises raise the mood and inspire confidence in their own abilities.
Choosing a gym, you need to be prepared to properly “sweat”. Only in this case the body will begin to process the fatty deposits into energy. This means that, being intensely engaged in simulators, you can burn calories in the shortest possible time. Women should not be fitness or gym afraid of working with scales – muscle mountains are much harder to build up than it might seem, but to make your body slim and proportionate is quite realistic.
Advantages and disadvantages of fitness
Fitness classes are group training under the guidance of a professional instructor. As a rule, 10-30 people are engaged in each team, depending on the popularity of the sports club and seasonality. It’s no secret that the beautiful half decides to lose weight closer to the beach season, and fitness centers are already clogged in March-April. This agiotage lasts a couple of months. Then you can do it more quietly.
Currently, there are a lot of varieties of fitness: power, with the use of steps, dance variations, zumba and others.
- One of the important advantages of fitness is its availability and versatility – even a beginner who has never visited sports sections before, will be able to master basic movements. At the same time, as visiting the hall, especially without the sensitive guidance of the coach, will require knowledge of the basics and subtleties of the exercises.
- If there are problems with self-organization, then opt for fitness better. Being engaged in a group, it is impossible to distract, shirk or do exercises incorrectly or poorly – the coach simply will not allow it.
- There is an opportunity to choose the methods of the direction that is most suitable for you. Some clubs offer each time to attend different training sessions. So you can try basic fitness or gym fitness programs to then choose your favorite one.
The disadvantages of group fitness classes include their cost (as a rule, they are more expensive than attending the gym), as well as the need to adjust to the timetable for their conduct. You must always build your day so that you can find time to visit the club on fitness at home for weight loss strictly defined days and hours.
In some centers, there is also a preliminary record for classes, since there are restrictions on the number of people for small rooms. This can also cause inconvenience.
Strengths and weaknesses of the gym
A well-equipped hall includes a variety of simulators (power and cardio), as well as sports equipment (dumbbells and bars with different weights, rugs, skipping ropes, tows, balls of different sizes).
To the indisputable advantages of the gym you should include the following.
- Quantitative and qualitative variety: even in small towns, you can find a couple of gyms, while fitness clubs may not be at all.
- The opportunity to attend classes at any convenient time and engage in as long as necessary. You can also independently control the workload and intensity of the exercises, focusing on your own well-being, physical abilities and just mood.
- You can always diversify classes with new exercises, so as not to fitness or gym get bored, and work out different muscle groups.
- The ability to focus on the desired result: if the goal is to lose a couple of extra pounds, then more attention is paid to cardio loads on the appropriate simulators (treadmill, orbit track, exercise bike), if the task is to correct the form, the emphasis is on working with free weights .
- As a rule, people who have already achieved certain success in fitness who know how to do things properly and what to do in order to get the desired result go to the gym. Looking at their excellent shape, there is an additional incentive to make your body ideal. In addition, it is in the gym that you can endlessly improve your skills, each time learning something new and useful for yourself.
- In most cases, the “simulator” services are cheaper, and the visit conditions are much more loyal.
Despite all the obvious advantages, classes in the gym have their shortcomings.
First we should note the following fact. If a person first appeared in the hall with a lot of various adaptations, he can simply become confused, start chaotically trying the forces on one or another shell, eventually – be disappointed and no longer come.
In the absence of any experience, it is necessary at least for the first time to engage under the guidance of a trainer or a more competent comrade who could monitor the quality of the exercises, advise the necessary number of approaches and fitness or gym repetitions. And only with the appearance of self-confidence can you start independent studies.
Visiting the gym only then will be useful, and most importantly effective, when there is a strong motivation and desire to build a truly beautiful body.
In the absence of external control, there must be self-discipline in order for the classes to go to full strength.
It is worth noting and such an unpleasant, but, alas, vital moment, as the excessive fullness of the halls in the evenings. The bulk of visitors come to practice in the evening, after work.
On what to choose?
Summing up, what is more effective and better – group fitness classes or a gym, it is necessary to highlight the main points.
- Beginners, of course, it is better to stop your choice on fitness – the ready, elaborated plan of training and the instructor’s attention will be provided.
- Hard schedules of fitness classes may not fit into everyday routine. At a delay the most uncomfortable and distant places of a fitness or gym hall remain, and admissions often simply “burn down”. In this case, it is better to choose a gym. If you do not have enough knowledge and experience, you can always be engaged under the guidance of a coach, at least the first few sessions.
- In the absence of strong motivation and self-control, it is better to give preference to classes in the group – the general attitude and movement towards a single goal is working without fail.