Pilates exercises at home
The pilates training system is incredibly popular today and allows for an incredibly short time to bring the body back to normal. It is suitable especially for people with impaired health and low immunity.
- Popularity for today
- Types of Pilates
- Main principles
- Pilates exercises at home
- Pilates in restoring motor functions
- The essence of Pilates
Pilates is known for more than a hundred years and before it was used to restore soldiers after the wounds that participated in the First World War.
Popularity for today
Many celebrities maintain a healthy disposition of the spirit and figure thanks to this system and engage in it at least five times a week. Supporters of an effective system are Rachel Weisz, Paris Hilton, Charlize Theron, Ilze Liepa, Mandy Moore.
Pilates is considered a system of sparing exercises. They can be engaged even in the presence of problems with the spine, as well as pregnant women. And it does not matter what age you are, female or male. Also I advise you to read my article about stretching. Read the article about Sports motivation.
Let’s consider in detail all advantages of the system:
- You can try the Pilates system at home.
- Exercises restore the spine.
- Muscles become elastic due to a uniform load.
- The figure is improved, because even deep muscles are involved.
- It is the right solution for the elderly. Scandinavian walking is also suitable for pensioners.
- Like yoga, this system allows you to achieve harmony within yourself.
- Muscles warm up gradually and therefore easily stretch without the risk of injury.
- The spine is well strengthened.
- The complex is strongly recommended for osteochondrosis.
- Classes strengthen the mind and nervous system, perfectly suited to relieve psychological stress.
- Joints do not experience physical activity.
Types of Pilates
After you have learned what Pilates is and its advantages, we will deal with its types. The system is divided into 3 main types for those involved in all levels. This helps to optimally distribute the load and take into account the individual features of the structure of the body.
For beginners, all workouts should be done on the floor.
For intermediate level of preparation, to get the desired result, training becomes more complicated. It is also performed on the floor, but already with the help of sports equipment.
For an advanced level of preparation, Pilates classes take place on simulators.
1. Smooth movements. Many people ask the question: “What is Pilates and is it like Yoga?” Answer: this system is in many respects similar to yoga, but it has its differences.
2. The stomach during the session should always be drawn. This is an indispensable condition on which the whole system of exercises is held.
3. It is necessary to adhere to the correct breathing. In Pilates, the inspiration is performed before the exercise, and the exhalation is performed in the process itself.
4. The tension should only be on the muscle groups with which you work. The rest must be completely isolated and relaxed.
5. Do not think about anything in the classroom, concentrate solely on your feelings, without being distracted by the surrounding sounds.
6. The body must always be in the correct position, otherwise the effectiveness of the training will be reduced to zero.
7. It is necessary to monitor your mood and listen to the sensations. If you feel pain, it is recommended to stop in time and reduce the load. If, on the contrary, you feel a surge of strength, then you can increase the intensity.
8. It is advisable to perform exercises at least 5 times a week, and best of all – every day.
9. One should not move on to complex movements until the initial ones are well mastered, otherwise it can significantly damage their health.
Gradual load is important in any sport, and Pilates is no exception.
Pilates exercises at home
Training should be done thoughtfully without stopping. Pilates at home will allow you to save on the coach and trips to the sports complex. Also for a female, I advise an article on how to pump up the buttocks at home.
№1. Static exercise “Plank”.
Stand on your knees and forearms, keep your elbows under the shoulders. Now, holding on your forearms, go to the socks. Your body should be perpendicular to the floor. Try to withstand a straight line and do not fall off your hips to the rug.
Press, like in all exercises, pulled up. Adhere to an even and calm breathing. Hold on as long as possible. If the body begins to tremble, relax.
About this exercise, I wrote in detail in my previous article, in it you will find a detailed description of techniques and varieties of the exercise.
№2. For the waist – twisting on the floor.
Pilates exercises are the right way to get a seductive waist and pretty strong muscles of the press. First, lie on your back and bend your legs lightly. Leave a small distance between your legs.
For the average level, it is recommended to pinch the ring between the legs and muscles to hold it.
Hands spread and put for the head. Rise in exhalation and curl to the right. Go down on your back and inhale. Then rise again, twisting to the left. On the inspiration, descend.
No. 3. Diving swan.
In order to perform this exercise, you will need a fitball (light inflatable ball of large size). Lie down with your stomach on the fitball and lean your toes on the floor. The body should be perfectly straightened (more exercises on fitbole read in the article).
Pull the arms parallel to the body. With inhalation straighten, with an exhalation relax, leaning on the ball, lower your head down. Repeat several times and watch for even breathing.
№4. For the spine – twist down.
Stand on the floor and spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. In this case, the knees should be slightly bent. Tighten the press and stretch up the crown, spread your shoulders and relax your hands. Make sure they hang down without any strain.
Now relax even more and without strong jerks as if drop your head on the chest. Start very slowly, without interrupting breathing, bend. Lower the vertebra behind the vertebrae, as if your head is pulling to the floor. Bend your shoulders, not straining, bend in the lower back, then bend even more knees. In the same way, go up slowly.
№5. Lateral rise to strengthen the hips.
Lie down on the barrel on the rug and stretch out in a line. Extend your arm parallel to the body and place your head on that arm. The other hand should be placed in front of you to hold the balance. Pull your stomach into yourself.
Try to stretch your toes away from yourself. Lift the straight leg up to a small height. After that, lower it. Do the exercise as slowly as possible, without forgetting to breathe in a measured manner. Try to relax as much as possible the tense muscles of the face, especially those that are not involved.
Do not forget to do exercises on Pilates relaxed and thoughtful, trying to turn off extraneous thoughts.
Pilates in restoring motor functions
The technique is widely used, it makes it possible to alleviate the condition in the treatment of scoliosis, arthrosis, arthritis, hernias. It is widely used as an additional therapy for restoring the functions of the motor apparatus.
Pilates is shown when:
- injuries of the spine, limbs;
- weakened muscle tone;
- impaired coordination of motor activity;
- rehabilitation after trauma, severe childbirth.
Classes are selected individually with the most sparing initial loads. After the first classes, my condition improved, physical activity ceased to provoke pain, muscle mass got stronger, the doctor allowed me to do swimming, strength training.
The essence of Pilates
Gymnastic exercises are based on natural body movements, wave vibrations of the joints. They are aimed at testing the rotational functions of the musculoskeletal system, twisting the spine. The hip and shoulder region is mainly involved. The transverse abdominal muscle is included in the work.
Training is performed by slightly pulling the press, while the knee ligaments, knee joints load is minimal. Drawing the press, tighten the buttocks and keep the original position throughout the entire set of exercises. Movement is slow, self-controlled, developed individually, depending on the indications.
All exercises should be performed in clothes that will not impede movements at all. It is better not to wear socks. Doing barefoot, you will even more activate the points on the feet, and they, in turn, will give a signal to your muscles and internal organs. This is a very beneficial effect.
Do not exercise after a meal or on an empty stomach. 15 minutes before training, you can drink juice or eat a banana, but no more.
Do not practice Pilates until exhaustion, any strong discomfort is the reason to finish training. Also, you do not need to physically strain at an elevated temperature, a general malaise, a cold or other diseases in which you feel broken.
Create a comfortable temperature at home and clear the space for classes. Increase the load gradually. If you have any chronic illnesses, you should first consult with a specialist, perhaps not all exercises will suit you personally.